Carolyn & I went to see WEEN last night (20051027) at the 9:30 Club.
It was -- as usual -- an awesome show. Ran into Aaron Evans, who helped us get to the front (and took some pictures) (and gave his "Home Rainbow" video using Rocky footage to Deaner after the show). Also ran into John The Canadien, who failed to sell his extra ticket...Again. (Did the same at a Rammstein concert years ago).
They played 35 songs over an almost 3 hour span:
- What Deaner was Talking About
- The HIV Song (nothing like a whole club of people shouting "AIDS!" with glee)
- Spinal Meningitis
- Happy Colored Marbles
- Piss Up A Rope
- Take Me Away
- Waving My Dick In The Wind
- Mr. Richard Smoker
- Transdermal Celebration
- Voodoo Lady
- Mutilated Lips
- Bananas And Blow
- Leave Deaner Alone (new song)
- You Fucked Up
- Puerto Rican Power
- Touch My Tooter
- Push Th' Little Daisies
- The Mollusk
- Light Me Up
- Dr. Rock
- I Can't Put My Finger On It
- Buckingham Green
- Boys Club
- A Tear For Eddie
- Zoloft (very long, drawn-out version)
- Ocean Man
- Sorry Charlie (used the megaphone for this, since they didn't play "Awesome Sound")
- Fluffy ENCORE:
- Dont Get 2 Close (To My Fantasy)
- Going Gets Tough From The Getgo
- In The Mood
- Johnny On The Spot
- Mr. Would You Please Help My Pony?
- Never Squeal On The Pusher (sick extended jam, Claude drum solo)
Always a pleasure. Although the over-zealous 930 security decided to grab the wrists of some couple that was trying to leave and dragged them into the back, I think just for taking the set list. (Refer to http://www.acm.vt.edu/~clint/media/concerts.htm -- I already have setlists from 930 club so I don't see what the problem is.)
It just reminds me of that asshole cop who pushed me and threatened me with arrest in the Rennesaince Festival parking lot a couple weekends ago. Dickwad.
It's as if anyone who considers themselves a hired thug has the magical ability to grants themself the power to detain people at will -- if they think they've done anything wrong. I'm pretty sure only the police actually have that power. It was the same shit at 930 as RennFest -- a couple trying to leave, getting harassed for having too much fun.
This is America. Don't stray too far from the herd, or you will be asked to provide papers, please.