2004-12-21

Avoid using the new Napster service. IT REEKS.

Dear Napster: Here is why I am cancelling my one month free trial. Let's review: 1) Tracks claimed to be 12 minutes are really 30 seconds. That means an overpayment by a factor of 24. 2) Paypal partnership encourages customers to use paypal instead of their credit card, thereby removing customer fraud protection becuase paypal does not cover immaterial goods. 3) Your email support is non-support. You waited 10 days to answer me. 4) Your email support is impotent: You simply told me to call on the phone. I had to wait 10+ days for that wonderful email advice. 5) Your phone support was slow. It took me 15 minutes to get my issue resolved. 13 of those minutes were being on hold. The hold music was the worst music I've ever heard in my life. 6) I found out I would have been charged monthly if i didn't cancel my service. I NEVER AGREED TO THAT. I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THAT. THE ONLY WAY I FOUND THAT OUT IS IN THE HOLD MESSAGE WHEN I CALLED TO COMPLAIN. I don't do business with those that charge me without permission. You are the weakest music provider. Good-bye.

1 Comments:

Blogger ClintJCL said...

Followup:

They told me I would get 5 free songs to make up for this. Then I found out, during the hold message, that I would get charged at the end of the month. How? I agreed to it when I clicked through to pay via paypal.

If I'd paid with credit card, I could dispute it, but with paypal, I cannot. MBNA BANK SERVICES BEATS PAYPAL!

So I told them to cancel me. I asked if I could get my 5 free songs. They said I would be cancelled at the end of the month.

I went home, checked, and confirmed my account was cancelled NOW. I didn't get my free songs. I paid $3 for 90 seconds of garbage. Fuck napster up the ass.

1/05/2005 07:53:00 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home